Nanoscience for the Conservation of Works of Art by Piero Baglioni download in iPad, ePub, pdf
Recent work has been concerned with the synthesis and characterisation of nanoparticles for cultural heritage conservation and nanostrcutured cleaning fluids. Each chapter presents the theoretical background to the topic in question, followed by practical information on its application and relevant case studies. The editors have pioneered modern techniques in art conservation over the last four decades, and have brought together expertise from across the globe.
This book meets the growing demand for an all-encompassing handbook to instruct on the use of today's science on mankind's cultural heritage. Manipulation of materials at the nanoscale affords greater accuracy and minimal disturbance to the original work, while efficiently combating the affects of time and environment. Introductory chapters present the science behind the physical composition of art materials.
Each chapter is fully referenced to the primary literature and offers suggestions for further reading. About this book Understanding the chemistry behind works of art and heritage materials presents an opportunity to apply scientific techniques to their conservation and restoration. Four chapters explore various cleaning techniques now, followed by four chapters describing the application of inorganic nanomaterials. Professional conservators and scientists alike will find this essential reading, as will postgraduate students in the fields of materials and colloid science, art restoration and nanoscience.
- Fundamentals of Sustainable Development
- Climate change and the oil industry
- Fast Runner
- Globalization and Organization
- Dinosaurs and Other Reptiles from the Mesozoic of Mexico
- Finding Home
- Clinical Psychology and Adolescent Girls in a Postfeminist Era
- Cut to the Corpse
- Critical Gerontology Comes of Age
- Partners in Art
- Communicative Understandings of Women's Leadership Development
- Emotional and Behavioral Problems of Young Children, Second Edition
- Development as a Social Process
- Hardware Software Co-Design of a Multimedia SOC Platform
- The Actor's Book of Classical Monologues
- Picosecond Optoelectronic Devices